You heard me, Trion is going to be experimenting with gear/stat normalization in Warfronts and Conquest, this Tuesday 8/14 @ 4pm PDT. This is kind of huge news on the PvP front. What this means is all gear for all players in a warfront or conquest match, will be the same (stat wise). Will the fun factor go up with everyone the same level playing field gear wise? I would say YES, but that is just me. On the other hand, this may de-value the gear progression that some people enjoy when playing their characters. At any rate, the idea has been dropped and the testing will begin, what do you think of going to a system like this? To see all the details visit the Rift community page:
Just like the title says, get yourself into Port Scion this weekend and feast on the bonus Prestige and Favor to be earned from dominating your enemies. If you have forgotten how to play Port Scion, check out our Port Scion Warfront Guide page and get your learn on!
This guide popped up on the Rift PvP forums just recently and looks to be nicely done. It is more or less the same as our own Rift/PvP guides that we published last year for each level bracket, with some additions, and of course in video format. Check out the post by “Licentia”, “Warfront Gearing Guide – 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 brackets” and view the video below:
If you are looking for bonus favor and prestige, then Library of the Runemasters is where it is at this weekend. See the note on the official Rift site “Get schooled in this weekend’s warfront!“
If you have not seen it yet, Rift 1.7 “Carnival of the Ascended” released last week with some pretty significant PvP changes. The changes included a revamp of the Prestige ranks from 8 ranks to 40 total ranks, where the total Prestige gained stays the same. Also added is a bolstering effect in PvP (level 50 warfronts) for players Prestige 13 and below. The last big one is a removal of PvP Souls and their replacement, Planar Attunement abilities for PvP. There are many other nice changes and additions so be sure to check them out on the official Rift forums post “Rift 1.7: Carnival of the Ascended” or click our link below.
Updates have been slowing down here at Riftrvr.com, but we are still following changes in the Rift PvP scene. Today brings us the latest content patch for Rift and with that comes a lot of changes and updates to PvP. We will not go into all the soul details as the patch is full of things to mull over, however we will point out some of the game changers as far as PvP goes in Rift. Read below for what we think are the most significant changes to Rift PvP, then follow the link for all the notes or visit the official Rift 1.3 patch thread:
- Absorb shields, damage immunities, etc, no longer defend you against being interrupted when flipping objectives or picking up PvP objectives. (this has long been a tip for warfronts here on our site)
- Channeled abilities no longer persist through visual obstacles and obey line of sight, thus breaking the channel as it should.
- Pyromancers get nerfed another 20% damage on fulminate and cinder burst
- Rank 6 weapons updated to equal the power of epic tier 1 PvE weapons.
- World PvP daily quests have been added!
- Many soul changes to discuss in detail, that resulted in free respecs…follow the link for all the notes.
A little quote popped up on the dev tracker yesterday, which indicates that us Rift PvP people could have some new content in the works. See the quote below from this thread:
Morning folks,We mentioned at E3 that Hammerknell is only the begining of the new content we'll be launching in the next 3 to 6 months. We've got a ton of stuff coming down the pipe including
- New 50+ outdoor zone
- New 50+ dungeon
- New 10 man instanced slivers
- New largescale battle Warfront & and open world PvP events
- New dynamic rift content & world events
Of course the details on these updates will be released a bit later on when we're closer to launch. But we are actively working on new content for all of our subscribers. Thanks,Gersh
So, what does this mean? Well the “largescale battle Warfront” is pretty obvious. I suspect we will see something much bigger then Port Scion that holds more players (2 raid groups?). As for “open world PvP events” I am not sure what to make of that. It does not sound like any type of new zone with objectives or purpose, but simply events that somehow promote world PvP. It will be interesting to see what pans out over the months.
Kind of a big deal, especially for mages who relied on the redball for 1 and 2 shotting people in warfronts. The redball has had its modifier “balanced” today in the Rift 1.2.1 Hotfix #3. Check out the details of the hotfix below:
RIFT 1.2.1 Hotfix #3 - 6/5/11
* Warfronts: Damage power-ups found in The Black Garden, The Codex, and Whitefall Steppes now grant a static amount of Attack and Spell Power based on the level bracket of the Warfront they are in.
* Guardian or Defiant Invasions should no longer attack Ancient Wardstones that are activated for their faction.
* Raid Rift: Drakith Hatchery is now more in line with the difficulty of other Raid Rifts. Also with less annoying knockbacks!
* Fixed some audio issues with footsteps for the Kelari Camoflauge ability.
IRON PINE PEAKS
* The population in Mage's Mark has undergone some tweaking to bring it more in line with the intended difficulty for the area.
* Make Him Sing: Fixed some issues that could cause Ekdim the Mad to not turn friendly and be interactable while on this quest.
Today we have another submission of Rift PvP videos. This Rift PvP’er has dozens upon dozens of PvP videos with various classes at various levels. Very unique channel with lots of PvP, check out LordXenuSaves youtube channel and the video below. Post updated with a better video!
This is a must read for Rift PvP and RvR players out there. Riftjunkies.com has just posted an article named Back to the Front: An Analysis of Instanced PvP. The article discusses the state of PvP in Rift which is driven by warfronts, why this is a bad thing, and what they suggest for improvements.