You heard me, Trion is going to be experimenting with gear/stat normalization in Warfronts and Conquest, this Tuesday 8/14 @ 4pm PDT. This is kind of huge news on the PvP front. What this means is all gear for all players in a warfront or conquest match, will be the same (stat wise). Will the fun factor go up with everyone the same level playing field gear wise? I would say YES, but that is just me. On the other hand, this may de-value the gear progression that some people enjoy when playing their characters. At any rate, the idea has been dropped and the testing will begin, what do you think of going to a system like this? To see all the details visit the Rift community page:
Trion is putting on a live stream of the new Rift PvP known as Conquest, this Wednesday, June 20th @ 3:30PM PDT (10:30PM GMT). If you have not been able to test it out yet, this will be a good opportunity to get an overview of Conquest, as well as additional things coming in patch 1.9. This particular “episode”, as they are calling it, will cover the topics listed below. You can check out the stream via the Rift Facebook page, or their Rift Twitch.TV stream.
Conquest PvP – If you haven’t seen this yet you should really check it out
- Engage in the constant struggle for control through capturing multiple objectives and powerups
- Join one of three factions and fight for the destiny of all
- Craft your way to victory by empowering your allies with the products of new Conquest specific recipes
Other patch 1.9 items – Did you know that there are a lot of great things coming up?Take a trip to the barbershop for a new haircut, a facelift, or some leg extensions
- Keep pace with your low-level friends with the new mentoring system
- Enjoy the excitement of instant adventures in Silverwood, Freemarch, Gloamwood, and Stonefield. You can even mentor down to check it out
- Challenge Fae Lord Twyl in the newest Sliver: Primeval Feast
- Go global! You’ll be able to chat with anyone in RIFT regardless of shard
- Summerfest is coming so be prepared to enjoy cook-outs, scavenger hunts, and more while fending off the Swarm Lord and his biting insects
Another Conquest PTS Event is going on as we type, Friday 6/15 at 4:00pm. Trion has listed some key updates since the last playtest which are listed below, in addition to patch 1.9 set #3 notes.
- Addition of an end phase where only the “winning” team may respawn. There are various footholds and a colossi that the winning team can break open for rewards (rewards not attached!). Those not on the winning team are not forced out of the map, but cannot respawn.
- There is a new flow for getting into Conquest. When it is available you will be able to open the Conquest Menu and select a side for the duration of that Conquest match. If a side is full you won’t be able to select it.
- The Conquest menu has received a facelift.
- Conquest Power is now awarded at a set interval during the match based on your personal contribution as well as when the phase changes.
- The decay rate for Conquest Power has been modified so you are not losing it during the match.
- Afk auto kicking has been enabled.
- Control points now have names on mouseover.
- Two additional crafting recipies have been added to all main trades. You may now craft a portable turret or a portable lifespring.
- Neutral control points now have less health.
Follow the link to RIFT 1.9 In-Progress Set #3 – 6/15/12 or read them all after the page break.
Want some more 3 faction Rift PvP in your life? Well here it is, coming at ya! The next Conquest PTS Test will be happening this week – Thursday 6/14 & Friday 6/15 4:00 PM PDT. Update your PTS client and prepare to smash 2 enemy factions. Remember, to join the Conquest game you simply just open your Warfront GUI page and click on the Conquest tab, then Join!
Trion has released concept art for the net PvP gear that will come with the Prestige rank increase in patch 1.9. This includes new armor as well as new weapons, very cool! Follow the link to learn more and view all the images:
The “Rift 1.9 In-Progress Set #1 – 5/22/12” patch notes are up. Remember, these are not anywhere near final, so be prepared for changes especially after the Conquest testing that is happening this Thursday. Obviously the biggest Rift PvP feature to come in 1.9 is the Conquest mode PvP, below we have identified a few of the other updates:
- Prestige Ranks are increased to rank 50
- New PvP milestone titles
- New set of PvP armor available with the new Prestige Ranks (temporary graphics on PTS)
- Increased bolstering effect
See the full patches by following the break…
The second test for the new Rift PvP game mode, called Conquest, begins this Thursday @ 3:00pm PDT. Set your clocks and be there to help support the development of Conquest PvP in Rift!
Well it just landed, Trion pulled the cover off the surprise with a reveal of 3 faction PvP! The new “Conquest mode” will undergo its first test on the PTS server this week on Thursday, 5/17. If you are a PvP or RvR type of player you do not want to miss this. Trion will be relying on the testers to help mold the new Conquest mode into something everyone can be (mostly) happy with. If you are the type that always has something to nitpick about in the PvP scene, well, here is your chance to make a difference. The links below will get you all the latest information on Conquest mode and we also have an overview excerpt from the official Rift forums:
Conquest at a Glance
- Engage in massive, cross-shard battles capturing the excitement of Open World PvP at its best!
- Align with one of three factions, the biggest difference is their philosophy. (You will be able to change factions.)
- Earn rewards and bonuses for your team – or supercharge yourself with bonuses that can be used outside of Conquest!
- Everyone can contribute - crafters play a vital role in every Conquest battle.
- This is a brand new feature, details and specifics will likely change based on your feedback and play tests. For the latest info keep an eye on the PTS Forums!
Is Trion finally trying to answer the prayers of RvR and PvP players? Maybe so, as it seems something big is in the works for Rift PvP. Trion is asking for testers, lots of testers, to help test out a yet to be named new PvP feature. Get all the info at the official Rift forums, seems like a great time to be PvP’ing in Rift!
It's time to rally, denizens of Telara! Whet your steel and ready your arrows. Light the fires, sound the drums, and cry havoc. Let slip the dogs of war!
An exciting new PvP feature will be hitting PTS next week, and we will need warm bodies. LOTS of warm bodies. And of course, cold bodies that lay twisted and contorted, gripping their weapons in one last attempt to redeem their very... sorry I digress.
We need you, and we need lots of you. Go big or go home. Your rallying cries should part the skies and sunder the very earth beneath the enemy's feet. Under the might of your legions the world shall tremble!
And in return?
The obliteration of your foes as you battle for control and honor, resulting in glory in its ultimate form. #Winning!
Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, this sounds exciting, but is that all? No, there is yet more exciting news. YOU, the battle hardened, shall a title choose.
All of you will be able to post your suggestions for a new title that will be awarded for testing this new PvP feature! The devs will then choose the sickest one of them all.
Gnaw your bacon, grip that mouse, chug your MEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!, and stay glued to the screen for more information forthcoming. Because it is coming...