You heard me, Trion is going to be experimenting with gear/stat normalization in Warfronts and Conquest, this Tuesday 8/14 @ 4pm PDT. This is kind of huge news on the PvP front. What this means is all gear for all players in a warfront or conquest match, will be the same (stat wise). Will the fun factor go up with everyone the same level playing field gear wise? I would say YES, but that is just me. On the other hand, this may de-value the gear progression that some people enjoy when playing their characters. At any rate, the idea has been dropped and the testing will begin, what do you think of going to a system like this? To see all the details visit the Rift community page:
Ever wanted the chance to smash some developer face in Rifts new Conquest PvP? If so, your dreams have come true! This week the Rift devs take to the live servers Thursday and Friday (July 26th and 27th) to challenge the Rift RvR and PvP player base.
In addition to this, new titles will be available to earn:
- the Raven
- the Lion
- the Ram
- Specialist (Prefix)
For details on how to obtain the titles and when the devs will be on your server, visit the Rift community Blog or the following link:
Conquest PvP is right around the corner! MMOrpg.com had the opportunity to chat with Scott Hartsman and Hal Hanlin about the upcoming Rift 1.9 patch and the features coming with it, specifically Conquest PvP. Waste no time and head over to the article on their website:
Trion is putting on a live stream of the new Rift PvP known as Conquest, this Wednesday, June 20th @ 3:30PM PDT (10:30PM GMT). If you have not been able to test it out yet, this will be a good opportunity to get an overview of Conquest, as well as additional things coming in patch 1.9. This particular “episode”, as they are calling it, will cover the topics listed below. You can check out the stream via the Rift Facebook page, or their Rift Twitch.TV stream.
Conquest PvP – If you haven’t seen this yet you should really check it out
- Engage in the constant struggle for control through capturing multiple objectives and powerups
- Join one of three factions and fight for the destiny of all
- Craft your way to victory by empowering your allies with the products of new Conquest specific recipes
Other patch 1.9 items – Did you know that there are a lot of great things coming up?Take a trip to the barbershop for a new haircut, a facelift, or some leg extensions
- Keep pace with your low-level friends with the new mentoring system
- Enjoy the excitement of instant adventures in Silverwood, Freemarch, Gloamwood, and Stonefield. You can even mentor down to check it out
- Challenge Fae Lord Twyl in the newest Sliver: Primeval Feast
- Go global! You’ll be able to chat with anyone in RIFT regardless of shard
- Summerfest is coming so be prepared to enjoy cook-outs, scavenger hunts, and more while fending off the Swarm Lord and his biting insects
Another Conquest PTS Event is going on as we type, Friday 6/15 at 4:00pm. Trion has listed some key updates since the last playtest which are listed below, in addition to patch 1.9 set #3 notes.
- Addition of an end phase where only the “winning” team may respawn. There are various footholds and a colossi that the winning team can break open for rewards (rewards not attached!). Those not on the winning team are not forced out of the map, but cannot respawn.
- There is a new flow for getting into Conquest. When it is available you will be able to open the Conquest Menu and select a side for the duration of that Conquest match. If a side is full you won’t be able to select it.
- The Conquest menu has received a facelift.
- Conquest Power is now awarded at a set interval during the match based on your personal contribution as well as when the phase changes.
- The decay rate for Conquest Power has been modified so you are not losing it during the match.
- Afk auto kicking has been enabled.
- Control points now have names on mouseover.
- Two additional crafting recipies have been added to all main trades. You may now craft a portable turret or a portable lifespring.
- Neutral control points now have less health.
Follow the link to RIFT 1.9 In-Progress Set #3 – 6/15/12 or read them all after the page break.
Want some more 3 faction Rift PvP in your life? Well here it is, coming at ya! The next Conquest PTS Test will be happening this week – Thursday 6/14 & Friday 6/15 4:00 PM PDT. Update your PTS client and prepare to smash 2 enemy factions. Remember, to join the Conquest game you simply just open your Warfront GUI page and click on the Conquest tab, then Join!
Another short review of the new Rift PvP format, known as Conquest, shows up at MMORPG.com. Follow the link below to read the full article:
Trion has released a video overview of the new Conquest system, it is short, but goes over the basics of the new PvP format. Also, be sure to check out a short review on Conquest PvP by Massively, “Enter at your own Rift: Conquest PvP“.
The “Rift 1.9 In-Progress Set #1 – 5/22/12” patch notes are up. Remember, these are not anywhere near final, so be prepared for changes especially after the Conquest testing that is happening this Thursday. Obviously the biggest Rift PvP feature to come in 1.9 is the Conquest mode PvP, below we have identified a few of the other updates:
- Prestige Ranks are increased to rank 50
- New PvP milestone titles
- New set of PvP armor available with the new Prestige Ranks (temporary graphics on PTS)
- Increased bolstering effect
See the full patches by following the break…
The second test for the new Rift PvP game mode, called Conquest, begins this Thursday @ 3:00pm PDT. Set your clocks and be there to help support the development of Conquest PvP in Rift!