I am sure all you healers are aware of the changes (aka: nerfs) that came with the 1.8 patch just recently. Trion says they have been monitoring the situation and will be increasing the values of many of the healing spells that were previously balanced in 1.8. See the thread on the official Rift forums regarding PvP Healing Changes, or the notes below:
We've been heavily monitoring the numerous threads discussing the recent PvP healing reductions and have decided to make the following adjustments:
Spell: Previous PvP Modifier -> New PvP Modifier
- Healing Spray: 70% -> 80%
- Soothing Stream: 60% -> 65%
- Healing Flood: 50% -> 70%
- Overflow: 25% -> 40%
Unfortunately, these adjustments will not make it into the next hotfix, so they will likely go in with the following one.
The much anticipated Rift 1.8 patch has been deployed. This includes various PvP updates and changes, including the nerfs to the Warden soul and a few healing items. Lots of other soul changes were also included to be sure to read the full Rift 1.8 patch notes. Leaderboards also came with this patch which should add some fun to tracking your progress in the Rift PvP scheme of things (among others). Follow the link above or read on to view the full list of notes.
Here is the most recent changes on the PTS server for cleric changes. If you have not heard, this stuff has been undergoing testing lately in order to reduce (primarily) the stacking of Warden abilities (HoTs) in PvP making healers nearly un-touchable.
- Soothing Stream: Now heals 60% of normal in PvP (actually 50% on PTS, but this will change soon).
- Healing Flood: Now heals 50% of normal in PvP.
- Healing Spray: Now heals 70% of normal in PvP.
- Overflow: Now heals 25% of normal in PvP.
- Deluge: Now immune to pushback.
- Revitalizing Waters: Now counts everyone’s HoTs instead of just your own (max 6 still).
- Healing Invocation: Now immune to pushback.
- Empowering Light: Now only chooses targets that have a Poison, Disease, or Curse on them.
- Restorative Flame: Now immune to pushback.
- Rite of the Ancestors: Can no longer be cast on a target currently under the effects of Spiritual Conflagration.
- Ward of the Ancestors: Can no longer be cast on a target currently under the effects of Rite of the Ancestors or Spiritual Conflagration.
- Gathering of the Ancestors: No longer attempts to hit players already under the effects of Rite of the Ancestors or Spiritual Conflagration.
Check out the thread “Cleric Healer Changes in 1.8” on the forums to get in on the discussion regarding these upcoming Cleric changes.
Want to try out the latest changes in Rift PvP before they hit the live servers? Then be sure to set aside some time to attend the “PTS Event Thursday, 3/22 @ 4PM PDT – Healing, Class Improvements, and Attack Power“. Join in on the Rift PvP forum discussion here and add your constructive ideas to help improve Rift PvP!
If you have not seen it yet, Rift 1.7 “Carnival of the Ascended” released last week with some pretty significant PvP changes. The changes included a revamp of the Prestige ranks from 8 ranks to 40 total ranks, where the total Prestige gained stays the same. Also added is a bolstering effect in PvP (level 50 warfronts) for players Prestige 13 and below. The last big one is a removal of PvP Souls and their replacement, Planar Attunement abilities for PvP. There are many other nice changes and additions so be sure to check them out on the official Rift forums post “Rift 1.7: Carnival of the Ascended” or click our link below.
While the PvP news has been slow lately for Rift, we are finally seeing some significant changes and additions coming for the 1.4 patch. Probably the biggest change, which will certainly garner some cheers as well as some boos, is the reduced effectiveness of healing, specifically with heal over time and insta cast heal spells. Rift PvP players will also see the addition of PvP gear set bonuses and new Prestige Ranks 7 and 8, I assume with more powerful gear to purchase. Most of these new things are going on the PTS server starting July 14th and are likely to change I imagine before the patch goes live. Check out the full PTS 1.4 In-Progress Notes on the official Rift forums, or follow our link below.
Updates have been slowing down here at Riftrvr.com, but we are still following changes in the Rift PvP scene. Today brings us the latest content patch for Rift and with that comes a lot of changes and updates to PvP. We will not go into all the soul details as the patch is full of things to mull over, however we will point out some of the game changers as far as PvP goes in Rift. Read below for what we think are the most significant changes to Rift PvP, then follow the link for all the notes or visit the official Rift 1.3 patch thread:
- Absorb shields, damage immunities, etc, no longer defend you against being interrupted when flipping objectives or picking up PvP objectives. (this has long been a tip for warfronts here on our site)
- Channeled abilities no longer persist through visual obstacles and obey line of sight, thus breaking the channel as it should.
- Pyromancers get nerfed another 20% damage on fulminate and cinder burst
- Rank 6 weapons updated to equal the power of epic tier 1 PvE weapons.
- World PvP daily quests have been added!
- Many soul changes to discuss in detail, that resulted in free respecs…follow the link for all the notes.
Kind of a big deal, especially for mages who relied on the redball for 1 and 2 shotting people in warfronts. The redball has had its modifier “balanced” today in the Rift 1.2.1 Hotfix #3. Check out the details of the hotfix below:
RIFT 1.2.1 Hotfix #3 - 6/5/11
* Warfronts: Damage power-ups found in The Black Garden, The Codex, and Whitefall Steppes now grant a static amount of Attack and Spell Power based on the level bracket of the Warfront they are in.
* Guardian or Defiant Invasions should no longer attack Ancient Wardstones that are activated for their faction.
* Raid Rift: Drakith Hatchery is now more in line with the difficulty of other Raid Rifts. Also with less annoying knockbacks!
* Fixed some audio issues with footsteps for the Kelari Camoflauge ability.
IRON PINE PEAKS
* The population in Mage's Mark has undergone some tweaking to bring it more in line with the intended difficulty for the area.
* Make Him Sing: Fixed some issues that could cause Ekdim the Mad to not turn friendly and be interactable while on this quest.
If you missed the most recent patch then you missed some key updates for Rift PvP. A number of changes were put in place around Rogue abilities and interacting with warfront objectives. Another set of key changes revolves around the capture times for Codex objectives as well as its spawn point (to reduce the ease of spawn camping). Port Scion also received a similar update for the bridge capture point. All in all some good changes, the full list of updates can be found of the official Rift forums under RIFT Update 1.2.1, or by following the link below…
A few more key PvP changes are showing up in the PTS 1.2 Patch Notes Addition #3. The crowd control immunity continues to be modified and I imagine this might not be the last change. A few other items are showing up that I am sure PvP’ers will like to see. We have highlighted some of those below, follow the links for the full notes.
- Decreased the PvP movement/control effect immunity timer to 24 seconds, down from 30, for additional testing.
- Channeled abilities will no longer interrupt themselves, or be interrupted by attempts to use another ability that fail. If queuing is enabled, they will be queued for next cast. Otherwise, the second use while the channel is under way will be ignored. This is a server-side queue and not impacted by client lag.