In this guide we will go over how to get a great set of gear that you can acquire through the 10-20 level range. Some of the gear will still be usable into your early 20′s as well. Using the pieces of gear covered in this guide, coupled with crafted gear for the slots we don’t cover, will put your character at a pretty good advantage over the competition. We will go over what merchants sell the gear, how to get it, and what order we recommend buying the gear.
The gear pieces you will receive from this guide are as follows (in no particular order):
- Blue quality weapon : 2h = 75 Planarite, 1h = 50 Planarite
- Blue quality chest piece : 50 Planarite
- Blue quality PvP gloves : 514 Favor
- Blue quality PvP boots : 514 Favor
- Purple quality leggings : 100 Planarite + 1 Corrupted Sourcestone
- Planar Focus/Essence : 30 Planarite, 100 Planarite / 25 Planarite, 50 Planarite + 1 Corrupted Sourcestone
The rest of the gear slots will be best filled with crafted gear or the best you can get from quests or drops. The weapon, chest piece, leggings, and Planar Focus/Essence will come from doing rifts and invasions. The boots and gloves are purchased with “Favor”, which is your PvP currency.
How to get the gear
- The first thing you want to do as you hit the level 10 range, is rifts rifts rifts. Do rifts and invasion events until you accumulate enough Planarite for the blue quality weapon. Buy the 2h weapon from “Rare Planar Goods” merchant for 75 Planarite or the 1h weapon for 50 Planarite.
- Next, start doing warfronts. In between warfronts continue to do rifts and invasions. It should not take very long to save up enough Favor for the blue quality PvP boots and gloves. Once you have >1028 Favor, go buy your PvP boots and gloves from the “PvP Goods” merchant.
- Hopefully you now have (close to) enough Planarite for the blue quality chest piece. Gather your 75 Planarite and head to the “Rare Planar Goods” merchant to buy the chest piece.
- Last, you will be saving up Planarite and a single Corrupted Sourcestone for your purple quality leggings. By now you should have at least one of these stones, if not, keep running rifts and invasions. Gather your 100 Planarite + 1 Corrupted Sourcestone and head to the “Rare Planar Goods” merchant to buy the leggings.
- Extra: Again, save up your rift currency until you have enough to purchase an upgraded Planar Focus. Fill your Planar Focus with upgraded Planar Essences. These will cost you 30 Planarite for the basic Focus and 25 Planarite for each Essence. The advanced Focus will cost you 100 Planarite and then 1 Corrupted Sourcestone and 50 Planarite for each Essence.
Where to get the gear
See the below maps for both Guardian and Defiant factions NPC locations. There is only one image of gear stats since both sides use the same exact gear. Please note that the item costs in the images are out of date, refer to the above for accurate costs!
Rare Planar Goods merchant
PvP Goods merchant
The “Planar Goods” merchant (right next to “Rare Planar Goods“) also sells upgraded Planar Focuses, while the rare merchant sells the upgraded Planar Essences. What you choose basically depends on how much rift currency you have or want to collect by doing rifts. Basic idea is, get an upgraded Planar Focus and collect enough rift currency to fill up the Planar Focus.
Hopefully this guide has helped in getting your character geared up for the lower levels. Let us know if something is not accurate of if we can make this guide better.