Archive for June, 2012
Conquest PvP is right around the corner! MMOrpg.com had the opportunity to chat with Scott Hartsman and Hal Hanlin about the upcoming Rift 1.9 patch and the features coming with it, specifically Conquest PvP. Waste no time and head over to the article on their website:
Trion is putting on a live stream of the new Rift PvP known as Conquest, this Wednesday, June 20th @ 3:30PM PDT (10:30PM GMT). If you have not been able to test it out yet, this will be a good opportunity to get an overview of Conquest, as well as additional things coming in patch 1.9. This particular “episode”, as they are calling it, will cover the topics listed below. You can check out the stream via the Rift Facebook page, or their Rift Twitch.TV stream.
Conquest PvP – If you haven’t seen this yet you should really check it out
- Engage in the constant struggle for control through capturing multiple objectives and powerups
- Join one of three factions and fight for the destiny of all
- Craft your way to victory by empowering your allies with the products of new Conquest specific recipes
Other patch 1.9 items – Did you know that there are a lot of great things coming up?Take a trip to the barbershop for a new haircut, a facelift, or some leg extensions
- Keep pace with your low-level friends with the new mentoring system
- Enjoy the excitement of instant adventures in Silverwood, Freemarch, Gloamwood, and Stonefield. You can even mentor down to check it out
- Challenge Fae Lord Twyl in the newest Sliver: Primeval Feast
- Go global! You’ll be able to chat with anyone in RIFT regardless of shard
- Summerfest is coming so be prepared to enjoy cook-outs, scavenger hunts, and more while fending off the Swarm Lord and his biting insects
Another Conquest PTS Event is going on as we type, Friday 6/15 at 4:00pm. Trion has listed some key updates since the last playtest which are listed below, in addition to patch 1.9 set #3 notes.
- Addition of an end phase where only the “winning” team may respawn. There are various footholds and a colossi that the winning team can break open for rewards (rewards not attached!). Those not on the winning team are not forced out of the map, but cannot respawn.
- There is a new flow for getting into Conquest. When it is available you will be able to open the Conquest Menu and select a side for the duration of that Conquest match. If a side is full you won’t be able to select it.
- The Conquest menu has received a facelift.
- Conquest Power is now awarded at a set interval during the match based on your personal contribution as well as when the phase changes.
- The decay rate for Conquest Power has been modified so you are not losing it during the match.
- Afk auto kicking has been enabled.
- Control points now have names on mouseover.
- Two additional crafting recipies have been added to all main trades. You may now craft a portable turret or a portable lifespring.
- Neutral control points now have less health.
Follow the link to RIFT 1.9 In-Progress Set #3 – 6/15/12 or read them all after the page break.
Want some more 3 faction Rift PvP in your life? Well here it is, coming at ya! The next Conquest PTS Test will be happening this week – Thursday 6/14 & Friday 6/15 4:00 PM PDT. Update your PTS client and prepare to smash 2 enemy factions. Remember, to join the Conquest game you simply just open your Warfront GUI page and click on the Conquest tab, then Join!
I am sure everyone has heard by now, but Trion has announced their first official expansion for Rift, called Storm Legion. Much to be excited about and the expansion looks to be epic, which is par for the course for Trion. We are looking forward to the new options this expansion might open up for the Rift PvP players!