Archive for March, 2012
The “Rift Hunter’s Weekend” is upon us! This is a great opportunity to get the planarite you need to gear out your characters by following our PvP/Rift Gear Guides. The following bonuses are available today, Friday, March 23rd through Sunday, March 25th:
50% bonus to:
- Experience from kills
- PA experience from kills
- Guild EXP
If you have not gotten your email from Trion yet, or not paying attention to PTS happenings, below is what you can expect with patch 1.8.
- New 20-player raid – Infernal Dawn: Face the dragons Maelforge, Laethys, and their mightiest followers in the heart of a volcano!
- Leaderboards: Measure yourself against fellow players in PvP, PvE, and more.
- Fishing and Survival: Head for the great outdoors with two new optional tradeskills.
- Guild Finder: Quickly and easily find a home and comrades for your Ascended.
- Instant Adventure on Ember Isle: Teleport to endless quests and rewards.
PvP leaderboards AND fishing!!
Want to try out the latest changes in Rift PvP before they hit the live servers? Then be sure to set aside some time to attend the “PTS Event Thursday, 3/22 @ 4PM PDT – Healing, Class Improvements, and Attack Power“. Join in on the Rift PvP forum discussion here and add your constructive ideas to help improve Rift PvP!
The “Warlord’s Weekend” bonuses are now in effect! This is one of the various bonus weekends subscribers will be able to take advantage of during the Carnival of the Ascended world event. From today through Sunday, March 11th, players will enjoy a generous bonus to favor and prestige from PvP! So put your lowbies and alts on the shelf and break out a level 50 for what should be a massive weekend of PvP and RvR killing in Rift!
- 50% favor bonus
- 50% Prestige from PvP kills bonus
This guide popped up on the Rift PvP forums just recently and looks to be nicely done. It is more or less the same as our own Rift/PvP guides that we published last year for each level bracket, with some additions, and of course in video format. Check out the post by “Licentia”, “Warfront Gearing Guide – 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 brackets” and view the video below:
If you missed the “RIFT Anniversary: A year in review and a look to the future!” video from just a few days back, then you probably did not catch on to the latest news as to what is coming for Rift PvP. We have paraphrased some of the key items that were talked about which can be heard in the video starting at the 3:45 minute mark:
- Trying to go beyond the two faction system (could this mean 3 faction PvP? Expanded Merc system?)
- Focusing on persistent world PvP (maybe a “fronteir” zone a’la DAoC with objectives?)
- PvP that has long term ramifications for what you do in Rift
I can say that we are excited to hear this news and cannot wait to hear more. At this point all we can do is guess what Trion will come up, but it is sure good to know these kinds of PvP/RvR are on the horizon for Rift!
If you are looking for bonus favor and prestige, then Library of the Runemasters is where it is at this weekend. See the note on the official Rift site “Get schooled in this weekend’s warfront!“