So Rift just went Free to Play and you re-joined the game. However, your friends are on a different server than you. Fear not, as you can transfer your characters to a different server, for free! We have noted some of the basics below but be sure to check out all the fine details at the link.
Looking for a new home or to join up with old friends? With the Free Character Transfer service you will have the power to find the community that is best for you.
The Free Character Transfer service allows you to move your characters (and your guild!) to a different shard once every 7 days. This is an added benefit of your monthly subscription and comes at no cost to you.
Today is the day! Now you can smash your enemies in Rift PvP and not pay a dime to do it! Check out the latest on patch 2.3 titled “Empyreal Assault” and everything else F2P related.
Whoa! Rift will be going Free to Play on June 12, 2013! This is great news for Rift players old and new alike. Check out the Rift Free-to-Play page and get back in the game!
You heard me, Trion is going to be experimenting with gear/stat normalization in Warfronts and Conquest, this Tuesday 8/14 @ 4pm PDT. This is kind of huge news on the PvP front. What this means is all gear for all players in a warfront or conquest match, will be the same (stat wise). Will the fun factor go up with everyone the same level playing field gear wise? I would say YES, but that is just me. On the other hand, this may de-value the gear progression that some people enjoy when playing their characters. At any rate, the idea has been dropped and the testing will begin, what do you think of going to a system like this? To see all the details visit the Rift community page:
Ever wanted the chance to smash some developer face in Rifts new Conquest PvP? If so, your dreams have come true! This week the Rift devs take to the live servers Thursday and Friday (July 26th and 27th) to challenge the Rift RvR and PvP player base.
In addition to this, new titles will be available to earn:
- the Raven
- the Lion
- the Ram
- Specialist (Prefix)
For details on how to obtain the titles and when the devs will be on your server, visit the Rift community Blog or the following link:
Conquest PvP is right around the corner! MMOrpg.com had the opportunity to chat with Scott Hartsman and Hal Hanlin about the upcoming Rift 1.9 patch and the features coming with it, specifically Conquest PvP. Waste no time and head over to the article on their website:
Trion is putting on a live stream of the new Rift PvP known as Conquest, this Wednesday, June 20th @ 3:30PM PDT (10:30PM GMT). If you have not been able to test it out yet, this will be a good opportunity to get an overview of Conquest, as well as additional things coming in patch 1.9. This particular “episode”, as they are calling it, will cover the topics listed below. You can check out the stream via the Rift Facebook page, or their Rift Twitch.TV stream.
Conquest PvP – If you haven’t seen this yet you should really check it out
- Engage in the constant struggle for control through capturing multiple objectives and powerups
- Join one of three factions and fight for the destiny of all
- Craft your way to victory by empowering your allies with the products of new Conquest specific recipes
Other patch 1.9 items – Did you know that there are a lot of great things coming up?Take a trip to the barbershop for a new haircut, a facelift, or some leg extensions
- Keep pace with your low-level friends with the new mentoring system
- Enjoy the excitement of instant adventures in Silverwood, Freemarch, Gloamwood, and Stonefield. You can even mentor down to check it out
- Challenge Fae Lord Twyl in the newest Sliver: Primeval Feast
- Go global! You’ll be able to chat with anyone in RIFT regardless of shard
- Summerfest is coming so be prepared to enjoy cook-outs, scavenger hunts, and more while fending off the Swarm Lord and his biting insects
Another Conquest PTS Event is going on as we type, Friday 6/15 at 4:00pm. Trion has listed some key updates since the last playtest which are listed below, in addition to patch 1.9 set #3 notes.
- Addition of an end phase where only the “winning” team may respawn. There are various footholds and a colossi that the winning team can break open for rewards (rewards not attached!). Those not on the winning team are not forced out of the map, but cannot respawn.
- There is a new flow for getting into Conquest. When it is available you will be able to open the Conquest Menu and select a side for the duration of that Conquest match. If a side is full you won’t be able to select it.
- The Conquest menu has received a facelift.
- Conquest Power is now awarded at a set interval during the match based on your personal contribution as well as when the phase changes.
- The decay rate for Conquest Power has been modified so you are not losing it during the match.
- Afk auto kicking has been enabled.
- Control points now have names on mouseover.
- Two additional crafting recipies have been added to all main trades. You may now craft a portable turret or a portable lifespring.
- Neutral control points now have less health.
Follow the link to RIFT 1.9 In-Progress Set #3 – 6/15/12 or read them all after the page break.
Want some more 3 faction Rift PvP in your life? Well here it is, coming at ya! The next Conquest PTS Test will be happening this week – Thursday 6/14 & Friday 6/15 4:00 PM PDT. Update your PTS client and prepare to smash 2 enemy factions. Remember, to join the Conquest game you simply just open your Warfront GUI page and click on the Conquest tab, then Join!
I am sure everyone has heard by now, but Trion has announced their first official expansion for Rift, called Storm Legion. Much to be excited about and the expansion looks to be epic, which is par for the course for Trion. We are looking forward to the new options this expansion might open up for the Rift PvP players!